Damage Prevention Guidelines...
UNCC’s primary purpose is to act as a messaging Center for the state of Colorado between excavators and underground facility operators for locate requests when excavation activity is needed, and to educate the industry and general public on the Colorado state One-Call law (Colorado SB 93-155). Part of UNCC’s education plan is establishing Damage Prevention Councils (DPC’s) throughout Colorado. Because UNCC is a non-profit, non-government organization, each DPC is expected to become fully self-funded.
It’s the Law – Call Before You Dig!
As mentioned above, Colorado One-Call law requires anyone that engages in any type of excavation must provide advance notice to the underground facility owners. The notice must be at least three business days prior to any excavation.
Damage Prevention Council Suggested Mission Statement:
To serve as an organization of facility owners/operators, excavators, UNCC, state, county and city entities, and other industry interested parties working together to keep people safe, reduce damage to underground facilities, promote safe digging practices, and promote the use of the one-call system.
Colorado Damage Prevention Councils:
UNCC has established several Damage Prevention Councils throughout Colorado. Each DPC is comprised of one or more counties and is usually centered around a large city, town or member facility operator. Any industry-related entity can host a meeting. Current DPC’s include:
● Denver Metro Area (Commerce City)
● El Paso County (Colorado Springs)
● Larimer County (Loveland)
● Mesa County (Grand Junction)
● Weld County (Greeley)
● Each council will promote the suggested mission statement or develop their own, and establish an excavation safety training program (see Damage Prevention Guidelines).
● Facility owners are encouraged to support the use and establishment of DPC’s in their area by inviting their subcontractors to participate.
● Hold regular meetings (monthly, bi-monthly or as deemed necessary by the committee) in a non-threatening environment.
● Setup subcommittees and work together to make positive changes.
● UNCC will initially help fund each DPC, but the goal of each council is to become totally self-supported. Each DPC will determine how best to utilize the funding to meet the goal of damage prevention in their geographic area.
● Records indicate that in areas that DPC’s are active and furnish valued educational programs, underground damages are reduced and call center volume of dig notifications increase.
● A monthly update shall be recorded, distributed and published on UNCC’s website.
Recommended DPC Objectives:
Each meeting will serve as an open forum and be proactive in its approach to help reduce injury to persons and damage to underground facilities. This can be done by the following:
● Exchange of information within the industry, discuss large projects, extended jobs, etc.
● Discuss relevant issues, not point fingers or place blame on others
● Take action as a group to modify or set new standards and procedures in accordance with governing regulations
This can be done through education, promotion, advertising and quality communication.
Role of UNCC in Accordance with the DPC’s:
● A UNCC representative will provide continued support and attend most meetings in person or via teleconference, and will be available to assist with the planning and agenda for each meeting.
● Provide regular statistical updates (damage data specific to geographic area, tickets processed, caller hold times and other industry-related information).
● Give presentations and discuss safety and law issues, and be available to answer questions.
● Assist each DPC in their education and outreach programs as well as target advertising.
● Help support special meetings (ie, breakfast, dinner, etc.), and provide various promotional and raffle items.
In addition to regular DPC meetings, the council shall seek to educate the industry and general public through advertising (print, radio, TV, etc.), home shows, seminars, etc. Any excavator or facility owner found in violation of the One-Call law may be required to complete an excavation safety training program administered by UNCC or a DPC.
DPC Membership, Funding:
There shall be no membership requirements. However, each DPC may setup voluntary, annual dues to help fund and support its individual needs. Funding for special projects, letters, target mailers, fliers, etc., shall be supported by each DPC.
Proposed DPC Organizational Chart:
(DPC’s can be set up in different formats to meet the needs or interests of the group. However, each council must have a chairman/facilitator to run each meeting. There must also be a designated backup facilitator).
● Chairman – Shall be responsible for securing a regular meeting place, and will conduct and facilitate each meeting. The Chairman shall set each meeting agenda, and will authorize the expenditure of funds with input from the committee and UNCC.
● Vice Chairman – Shall perform the duties of the Chairman in the Chairman’s absence, and serve on special committees as assigned by the Chairman.
● Recording Secretary – Shall send meeting notices (once a month and Monday of the meeting week) and record and send minutes of the meetings. Record attendance and establish and maintain a data base list (e-mail, fax or address) of current and prospective attendees.
● Treasurer – Keep records of finances and disburse funds as authorized.
● UNCC Advisor – Assist with the establishment of each Council, and be available to give presentations, answer questions, advise, etc.
Note – Officer positions are voluntary and will be held for an indefinite time period. If a vacancy occurs, the open position will be discussed at a regular meeting and a volunteer(s) will be selected.
Buy generic viagra online there is no such work which would suit practically all who needs it. Therefore our half of people simply on simply doesn’t work as pays very little.